Effortlessly pull your listeners into the ancient world of your choosing. Produced by award-winning sounds producers Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, Silk features a large collection of world instruments from the lands of the Silk Road: China, India, and Persia.
- Incredibly detailed Silk Road instruments from China, India, and Persia, part of the most ambitious world instrument collection ever created
- Created by award-winning sounds producers Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix
- 25 GB instrument: 20 GB’s of multi-samples and 5 GB’s of authentic performances
- Recorded legato intervals for erhu, zhonghu, jinghu, electric cello, kemenche, duduk, 30-piece string section, dilruba, bansuri
- Master musicians recorded at EastWest Studios, using vintage Neumann microphones, Neve consoles and Meitner converters
- Now included in OPUS, along with individual downloads, custom keyswitches, and dozens of MIDI Tools and Mixer Effects
MASTERS OF THE SILK ROAD
Effortlessly pull your listeners into the ancient world of your choosing. Produced by award-winning sounds producers Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, Silk features a large collection of world instruments from the lands of the Silk Road: China, India, and Persia. These bowed, plucked, and wind instruments were performed by master instrumentalists who have spent years perfecting their craft and were recorded using vintage Neumann microphones at legendary EastWest Studios. Using SILK’s broad range of articulations, live-recorded legato and full phrases, you can quickly create an ensemble that sounds like it was recorded in a time and place far removed from our own.
UNIQUE, AUTHENTIC PERFORMANCES
This collection of instruments enables you to create subtle changes to the musical scale, carefully tailored to each instrument. Not only does this make your mockups sound far more authentic, but as producer Nick Phoenix says, “Silk is revolutionary in that the microtuning and scales actually teach users how to employ these sounds in an authentic way.” Because Silk includes multiple recordings for every single note, including individually captured legato transitions, you’ll be able to quickly create convincing performances with minimal CC automation. However, you can also automate subtle aspects of the performance such as portamento time. We made sure every instrument captures the most expressive performances possible from each musician. To further extend the amount of variation on each note, SILK uses a script which selects one or more of three randomly selected options to keep the sound a little different on each repetition:
- Using the sample for a nearby note (for example, a half step higher or lower) and retuning it to the needed pitch.
- Starting the note a tiny amount before or after the specified start time.
- And detuning the sample a few cents (hundredths of a semitone) higher or lower.
INSTRUMENTS FROM CHINA
The haunting lament of the erhu. The gentle raindrop-like plucks of the pipa. The playful call of the dizi. Within moments, you have an entire ensemble of Chinese instruments ready to be performed. As the most extensive section in Silk, these Chinese instruments allow you to weave a beautiful tapestry of the Far East into your music.
The erhu is a two-stringed bowed musical instrument, sometimes known in the Western world as the Chinese violin. Dating back to the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907), it is the most popular of the huqin family of traditional browed instruments and is used as solo instrument as well as in small ensembles and large orchestras.
Below are the minimum and recommended hardware and software specifications for using Opus on Windows and MacOS systems.
The chart below outlines the MacOS and Windows 64-bit operating systems and sequencers that are officially supported and fully tested with the latest version of Opus. Please note that while most Sequencers / DAWs are VST 2, VST 3, AU and AAX plug-in format compatible, only those listed in the chart below are officially supported.
|Product||Version||MacOS (10.13+)||Windows 10|
|EW Play 6 Stand-Alone||6.0+||YES||YES|
|EW Opus Stand-Alone||1.0+||YES||YES|
|Apple Logic Pro||10.0+||YES||–|
|Avid Pro Tools||2018.1+||YES||YES|
|Image-Line FL Studio||20+||YES||YES|
|Motu Digital Performer||9.0+||YES||YES|
|Presonus Studio One||4.0+||YES||YES|
|VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro||6.0+||YES||YES|
- (1) VST3 usage is recommended
- (2) Sibelius / Finale / Dorico notation programs work with Opus, but do not support the full feature set of some Opus/Play Libraries, such as those that use WordBuilder. Please contact support for details.