Easy and Intuitive Delay Engine
Hands-on delay effect with an analog flavor. Comeback Kid includes everything you'd expect from a new go-to delay — plus some unexpected extras.
A delay worth waiting for.
Of all the essential mix tools, the delay may be the most creatively gratifying. So we asked ourselves: Could we take this classic effect and give it an upgrade?
We set out to develop our vision for a more inspiring delay plugin. One that lets you design your own signature delay sounds through a versatile selection of flavoring tools.
Easily and intuitively. And with powerful results. Comeback Kid includes everything you’d expect from a new go-to delay — plus some unexpected extras.
SETUP YOUR DELAY:
BPM-synced modes: Straight, dotted, triplet. Free mode: 0.01 ms – 2500 ms. Ping-Pong option.
ADD SOME CHARACTER:
- Lo-Cut + Hi-Cut: Tame your delays with analog modeled filters.
- Attack + Sustain: Sculpt your delays with flexible transient designers.
- Cheap: Degrade you delays with a custom 11-bit signal path — modeled after vintage digital units.
- Tape: Warm-up your delays with analog-style tape saturation.
- Swirl: Add movement to your delays with an analog modeled phaser.
- Sauce: Add space to your delays with a touch of algorithmic reverb.
- Wider: Widen your delays through L/R time variations.
- Richer: Add dimension to your delays through L/R pitch variations.
- Pan: Place your delays in the stereo image.
- Mono: Turn your delays into mono.
- Ducker: Lower your delays when the dry signal is playing — for a cleaner, more modern sound.
- Destiny: Leave your delays to destiny — for a less robotic, more human and unpredictable vibe.
As with our other effects, each knob is the tip of the iceberg—with plenty of good stuff going on under the hood. This gives you flexible sound design options, while the workflow remains fast.
DELAYS THAT WORK IN YOUR FLAVOR
Want a tape delay vibe for your lead synth, a modern slap on your vocals and a crunchy lofi echo on your guitars? Not a problem. Want to mix and match all of the above to create your own delay sound? Also not a problem!
Comeback Kid offers you a flexible palette of flavoring tools to take full control of your delays. And with no sub-menus or hidden features, everything you need is right in front of you.
EVEN SOME INSPIRATION:
Comeback Kid comes loaded with 61 presets created by friends of BABY Audio – including:
- Mick Schultz: Grammy Nominated, Multi-Platinum, producer for Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Jeremih etc.
- Anthony Saffery: Billboard #1 producer / engineer for Portugal. The Man, Dirty Vegas, Cornershop etc.