Cherry Audio’s Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s
A Dream Come True
Cherry Audio’s Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s. The innovative design blends flexible dual-wave morphing oscillators, stereo filters, fully polyphonic analog strings, extensive and easy-to-use modulation, studio-quality effects, and MPE support, all in an elegant vintage-style synth interface.
Dreamsynth draws its inspiration from renowned synths including the Ensoniq ESQ-1, the Kawai “K” series, and the Sequential Prophet VS. In the second half of the ’80s, music production was rapidly transitioning from analog to digital. These “hybrid” synthesizers bridged the gap, combining the precision and flexibility of sampled digital oscillators with the warmth of analog filters. The combination of digital and analog sound produced instruments with character and a unique sonic fingerprint that still resonates today. With the magic of these vintage classics in mind, we set out to design Dreamsynth, a “What if…?” synthesizer, incorporating the distinctive qualities of this remarkable era with the best features of modern software instruments to create a uniquely 21st-century hybrid.
- Three dual-waveform oscillators, amounting to six simultaneous virtual analog or PCM sample-based oscillators with up to 16 voices of polyphony
- Authentically modeled virtual analog waveforms, plus 430 looping, one-shot, and single-cycle PCM waveforms
- Fully polyphonic 16-voice string synthesizer which can be layered and split across the keyboard independent of the primary synth
- OB-style 12 dB/octave multimode stereo filters
- Extensive and accessible modulation capabilities, with 20 mod sources and over 40 destinations, including effects
- Analog drift control for increased authenticity
- Three tempo-syncable LFOs
- Arpeggiator with tempo sync, independently assignable to the synth and string sections
- Fully modulatable effects include multiple distortion and sample-crushing options, a 12-stage phaser, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker effects, delay, and reverb, including our new “Galactic” reverb algorithm
- Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) — Pitch, Channel Pressure, and Timbre — making Dreamsynth capable of more organic and expressive performances when using MPE-compatible controllers
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
- Over 1100 presets created by a talented and diverse group of sound design veterans
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
macOS Requirements: macOS 10.9 or above, 64-bit required. Native Apple M1 processor support. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.
Windows Requirements: Windows 7 or above, 64-bit required. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.