Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970’s, the Roland Jupiter-4
Meet the Mercury-4
Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970’s, the Roland Jupiter-4. It’s the rarest and most sonically unique of the fabled Jupiter series, and we’ve gone to great lengths to recreate the subtle (and not-so-subtle) nuance and character of this beloved classic. Every aspect of Mercury-4 has been expertly modeled upon a vintage Jupiter-4 originally owned by Greg Hawkes of the legendary 80’s new wave band The Cars.
The Jupiter-4 had its share of disadvantages, including limited patch storage, just four voices of polyphony, and boat-anchor weight. Cherry Audio’s Mercury-4 improves upon the original’s design by offering 16-voice polyphony, infinite patch storage, velocity sensitivity, MPE support, and much more. We’ve even paired it with a fantastic model of the classic Roland Space Echo tape delay!
- Authentically modeled oscillator with sub oscillator
- All filter characteristics modeled, including powerful low-frequency resonance
- Up to 16-voice polyphony
- Over 400 presets, programmed by industry veterans
- Exactingly replicated unique arpeggio section w/tempo sync
- Carefully modeled wide-range LFO modulation with “inverted” mod characteristics
- Drift control for increased analog realism
- Precisely replicated stereo ensemble effect
- Warm and organic tape echo with multiple reverb modes
- Tempo-syncable LFO
- Detunable unison mode
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Highly optimized coding for high performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Comprehensive MPE support
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
macOS Requirements: macOS 10.9 or above, 64-bit required. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.
Windows Requirements: Windows 7 or above, 64-bit required. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.