Miniverse (formerly Minimode) is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers. Introduced in 1971, no other instrument is more associated with the word “synthesizer” – it’s perhaps the best-known and loved analog synthesizer ever made
The Big Bang of Synths
Miniverse (formerly Minimode) is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers. Introduced in 1971, no other instrument is more associated with the word “synthesizer” – it’s perhaps the best-known and loved analog synthesizer ever made. Though its innards weren’t identical to the massive modular synths, it shared the thick, juicy, “fat” analog sound that remains unchallenged 50 years later! It set the standard for future synthesizers, inspired whole new genres of music, and defined the sound of artists as diverse as Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, Rick Wakeman, Pink Floyd, Parliament, Gary Numan, and countless others.
And now, with Cherry Audio Miniverse, it’s your turn!
Miniverse was conceived as the ultimate tribute to the original instrument. We focused on a single principle: absolute authenticity. In association with DSP master and frequent collaborator Mark Barton (MRB), we studied and measured every nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio. Even the Miniverse interface is a meticulous recreation of the original, from the maple cabinet and textured surface to the unmistakable “Cosmo” knobs and switches. We avoided the temptation to add extra features, such as additional LFOs or effects, which might distract from the spirit and vibe of the classic model. Instead, Miniverse portrays the pure, raw, powerful sound and feel of the classic original.
All About the Sound
Whether you’re seeking monstrous leads, funky basslines, or warm atmospheric pads, Miniverse has you covered. In fact, the resulting tones are so mighty that we could not resist adding one particular enhancement. If one classic synth voice isn’t enough, we’ve made it easy to dial in two, four, eight, or sixteen polyphonic voices guaranteed to bring the house down. Need outstanding sounds even faster? Miniverse includes a library of over 250 presets created by professional sound designers. Brass, keys, percussion, sound effects, and even MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) presets and, of course, the signature earthshaking basses and leads the Mini is renowned for are just a click away.
Speaking of sound, perhaps you took the Cherry Audio Challenge? That’s Miniverse, literally side-by-side with one of the classic hardware from our collection. The results speak for themselves. Whether you’ve taken it before or not tried it yet, Take the Challenge now and decide for yourself: can you tell which is which?
New: Preset MIDI Mapping
Speaking of presets, by popular demand, we’ve added a new feature to Miniverse: the ability to save custom MIDI controller mappings to individual presets or globally (or both!).
- Faithful virtual analog emulation of the legendary hardware
- All features of the original in a realistic interface exactly as the original
- Three oscillators with triangle, sawtooth-triangular, ramp sawtooth, square, wide rectangular, and narrow rectangular waveforms
- Classic four-pole, 24dB/octave ladder filter
- Feedback and Sidechain, replicating the original instrument’s External Input function with super accurately replicated overdrive characteristics
- Fully programmable with over 250 factory preset patches created by pro sound designers
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes: 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 voices
- Pitch Bend Range settings: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 22, 24 semitones
- Superbly accurate modeling of inherent oscillator mixer and VCA overdrive characteristics
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support for expressive performances using MPE-compatible controllers
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn
- Preset and Global level MIDI mapping
- Cherry Audio’s acclaimed Focus zoom-in feature
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
Miniverse is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
A free 30-day demo of Miniverse is available. This demo will play white noise periodically, but is otherwise unlimited.
macOS Requirements: macOS 10.9 or above (including macOS 12), 64-bit required. Native Apple M1 processor support. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended. MPE requires a DAW and hardware controller supporting MIDI Polyphonic Expression.
Windows Requirements: Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended. MPE requires a DAW and hardware controller supporting MIDI Polyphonic Expression.