Produced by industry titans Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, Hollywood Choirs is the best-selling and most awarded virtual choir product ever made.
EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition
- Blockbuster male and female choir with huge dynamic range
- Built-in WordBuilder 2 engine for micro-edits to phrases as needed
- Created by award-winning sounds producers Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix
- Recorded with a 13 mic setup for surround sound and virtual reality
- Diamond Edition: 59 GB of 24-bit, 44.1kHz samples with Main, Close, Stage, Mid, and Surround mic mixes
- Now included in OPUS, with individual downloads, custom keyswitches, and dozens of MIDI Tools and Mixer Effects
- TEC Award Winner, 10/10 MusicTech Excellence Award, Sound on Sound Award Nominee
A CHOIR TO BRING DOWN THE HEAVENS
Produced by industry titans Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, Hollywood Choirs is the best-selling and most awarded virtual choir product ever made. You have absolute control over a full choir with dramatic dynamics – soft and lyrical, to epic and overwhelming. No matter how grand the story you need to tell, Hollywood Choirs provides you with the tools to express it fully. Hollywood Choirs gives you an excellent way to transform the quality of your cinematic compositions or simply give you another powerful resource to build outstanding productions – and you can type in any word into the WordBuilder engine and hear it performed in real time.
Using WordBuilder 2, you can type in any word or phrase and the entire choir will sing it in perfect unison. The built-in English, German, Italian, Spanish and Latin phrases give you a wide range of artistic potential, and you can string them together to effortlessly achieve an imposing result in minimal time. Every phrase can be tweaked and re-written, ensuring you get up and running immediately. And if none of the 781 pre-built phrases give you the starting point you need, you can easily type the exact phrase you need into the WordBuilder engine and hear it reproduced perfectly.
- All New Phonemes
- New vowels and consonants added for increased realism, with the ability to stretch or compress individual phonemes as desired.
- Frequency Dependent Consonants
- Non-pitched consonants now sampled with high and low frequency variations.
- Global Phoneme Balance
- Vowels, Pitched Consonants and Non-Pitched Consonants have volume sliders that allow you to adjust the relative balance between phonemes.
- Independent Handling
- All consonants that fall at the end of a word are now handled independent of those that begin a word, resulting in more realistic delivery of words.
- Consonant Volume Scaling
- WordBuilder detects the number of notes in a chord and applies volume scaling to consonants to ensure they remain at an intelligible level.
- Alternative Takes of Non-Pitched Consonants
- Instead of using a traditional ’round robin’ system that cycles through alternative takes, often leading to inconsistent results, you can define which alternative take sounds best and Hollywood Choirs will use that across every phrase.
NAMM TEC AWARD
On Saturday January 26 2019, Hollywood Choirs received the NAMM TEC Award for Best Musical Instrument Software (the ‘Oscar’ of the music tech industry). It also won a MusicTech Excellence Award and was a 2019 Sound on Sound Award nominee.
WHAT WILL YOU CREATE?
There’s no faster way for you to obtain a huge choral sound for film and video games than with Hollywood Choirs. You can build any phrase imaginable and hear it performed with impeccable realism, with as much or as little surgical adjustment as possible. Layered with its sister library Hollywood Orchestra, you can quickly and easily create the exact cinematic soundscape you hear in your head. Add Hollywood Choirs, the successor to the most awarded virtual choir of all time, to your arsenal today.
Below are the minimum and recommended hardware and software specifications for using Opus on Windows and MacOS systems.
The chart below outlines the MacOS and Windows 64-bit operating systems and sequencers that are officially supported and fully tested with the latest version of Opus. Please note that while most Sequencers / DAWs are VST 2, VST 3, AU and AAX plug-in format compatible, only those listed in the chart below are officially supported.
|Product||Version||MacOS (10.13+)||Windows 10|
|EW Play 6 Stand-Alone||6.0+||YES||YES|
|EW Opus Stand-Alone||1.0+||YES||YES|
|Apple Logic Pro||10.0+||YES||–|
|Avid Pro Tools||2018.1+||YES||YES|
|Image-Line FL Studio||20+||YES||YES|
|Motu Digital Performer||9.0+||YES||YES|
|Presonus Studio One||4.0+||YES||YES|
|VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro||6.0+||YES||YES|
- (1) VST3 usage is recommended
- (2) Sibelius / Finale / Dorico notation programs work with Opus, but do not support the full feature set of some Opus/Play Libraries, such as those that use WordBuilder. Please contact support for details.